Attended by: Individuals, couples or families.
Brief summary:For too long, the narrative around counselling has been that you only see a counsellor if there is something wrong. Proactively, we see a mechanic for our car service, a dentist for our teeth, a doctor for our body, an accountant for our taxes, and we all need to be part of the societal shift towards seeing a mentor/coach/therapist/counsellor for our mind. This is just common-sense. I maintain a safe, open, non-judgemental environment. A counselling session can be fun, you might laugh and you may cry, you may gain different perspectives and also new skills and strategies for relationships and life. And, most of all, I hope, you will find a few more of the jigsaw pieces in the puzzle known as life. Sessions are tailored to your needs. The session can be fast-moving or gentle; I can be frank, candid and sort problems quickly, or we can take our time and explore issues slowly. You set the tone. You are in the driver’s seat. Our key aim is for society to view counselling as a sign of strength and an investment in wellbeing. I look forward to seeing you soon! Melissa is a registered ACA Level 4 Counsellor, has a Masters in Counselling and has run a counselling practice since 2008. Private Health Insurance: you can claim sessions with Melissa if you have -
- MEDIBANK private health insurance bonus package with ancillaries and were a member prior to 1 May, 2011 or
- Are a member of Doctor’s Health Fund: www.doctorshealthfund.com.au
- From 1 July 2018 – BUPA is covering counselling
- From 1 July 2018 – under Police Health Fund policy
- Depending on your cover, “counselling” my be covered by other funds. Please contact your provider.
Click on the BOOK ONLINE button for availability. If no times are available it means we are booked out.